City Ambassador program of Patna Municipal Corporation is a platform that
provides an opportunity to the citizen to experience the process and
challenges of governance. Apart from ensuring the citizen participation
in governance the city ambassador initiative also extends the ULBs eyes
and ears to the grassroot level. Patna Municipal Corporation launched the
second phase of the program in September 2020. Applications were invited
online. 32 candidates were shortlisted and trained by the senior officials
and the experts of the PMC.
Who is a City Ambassador?
Any person living in city of Patna who wants to volunteer in services
provided by the Patna Municipal Corporation and act as a bridge between
the people and the ULB can be a city ambassador.
City Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities
City ambassadors role and responsibilities are not limited to -
- Door to door awareness about waste segregation at source
- Demonstration of swachhta app/cityofpatna app as the platform to raise grievance in the neighborhood.
- Vigilance of quality of services provided by the Patna Municipal Corporation’s staff
- Engage community in sanitation related activities and events and build string image of PMC
- Regular surveys in their allotted area of duty and monitoring of day to day works of PMC
The City Ambassador program helps PMC establish connections and bridge the communication gap between the government officials and the public.